Thursday, June 11, 2009

day 30: the end.

i am at the end of my european adventure.
today, i fly from dublin to boston,
and then from boston to orlando.

i know that i will be more excited than ever
to stop catching planes and trains,
and actually stay in one place for a while.
but, i'm so very thankful for the opportunity
to have gone on this adventure.
and i'm only 21.
i know very few people get to see as much as i have at my age.

i'm not sure yet what this trip will teach me,
or maybe it has already taught me something and i just don't know it.
but, i have so many memories and experiences that i will forever hold dear.
and for that, if only that, i am grateful.

i will miss berlin the most i think.
maybe it's because we stayed there the longest,
but it was a good home to me and i miss it already.

i will miss the different languages, cultures, people.
i will miss trying to find my way around places.
i will the public transportation.
i will miss the cool, dry weather.
i will miss the mountains and lakes in switzerland.
i will miss cafe morgenrot.
i will miss the rigaer 105 community.

but, i am glad to be home.
i am glad to see my friends and family again.
to have a place that i call home.
and free water. that's one thing europe should work on.

i hope you all have enjoyed reading about my adventure.
i am so thankful for you all and your interest in my life.